10/10/18- Trout eggs arrived. Total number of good eggs = 493
10/11/18- Three dead eggs removed. One was milky white. One had a white fungal growth attached. You can see a little white growth on the left side of the egg below.
Total number = 490 good eggs.
10/12/18- At 7:20 am, I looked in the egg basket and pulled out four eggs with a fungal growth on the side, and one that had begun to turn milky white.
Total number = 485 good eggs.
10/14/18- 7 eggs removed. I also removed the clear "shell" of an egg, which suggests that one of the trout hatched. It's tough to see, but I think I also saw the hatched trout, now called an alevin. Three eggs were infected with the white fungus such that they were connected in a triangle shape (unfortunately, I didn't get a good picture of this). In the pictures from today, you can see one trout tried to hatch (it's partially separated from the clear shell, but wasn't developed enough to survive. It had some white fungus attached to it. I also attached a mesh cover around the filter intake so that when the alevins begin to swim, they don't get sucked up into the filter.
Total number = 478 live trout.
The picture below on the left is off the eyed egg I removed because it had a white fungal growth on it. The picture below on the right is the same egg 6 hours later. You can see that the fungus continued to grow. Any eggs with fungal growth must be removed to limit its ability to infect other eggs.
In the picture below, you can see the eyed egg with a little white fungus poking out of it. This egg had to be removed immediately.
Picture of eggs removed on 10/14/18
Below are the before and after pictures of the filter intake.